Jason Sullivan's Week 13 Draft Kings Preview
Week 12 proved to be a week where you needed to have at least one of the two guys that broke the slate, in your lineups if you wanted to cash. Tyreek Hill put up an obscene 60.90 Draft Kings points, while racking up 269 receiving yards and 3 TD’s. The other play of the week was Derrick Henry who put up 40.50 points, while piling up 185 total yards and 3 TD’s, at just 6-7% ownership in most contests. It’s safe to say that if you didn’t have either of these guys in your lineups, you didn’t win very much money. Personally, I had two lineups that had both guys, so I fared well on the week. Henry showed us again that any of the top-end RB’s can go off on any given week, so I will continue to use the lowest-owned of the high-end guys each week. It gives you a ton of leverage over the field, especially if they have any sort of big game.
It’s hard to believe that we are already on to Week 13, but here we are. In the early stages of building lineups, I have noticed that this is going to be a week to pay up at the QB position again. There are a few cheaper options that you can start your lineup with, but there is a lot more uncertainty in those spots than there has been in the past few weeks. I will be focusing on the high-end QB’s and RB’s to start my lineups this week. I will differentiate at the WR position. Here are my Draft Kings picks for Week 13. As a reminder, we focus on the Sunday Main Slate only. Here are my picks for the week:
LAC vs NE: Implied team total of 23.5 points (LAC)
1. Justin Herbert - $6900
- Last week was the first time Herbert scored under 20 points since Week 3 and only the second time overall. Both times he scored 19 points. Herbert’s floor is very high, and I love him this week, especially since they are at home.
2. Keenan Allen - $8100
- Allen had a “down week” last week and still scored 16 points on 10 targets. The targets continue to come in bunches for Allen and it’s tough to not want to roster him every week.
3. Hunter Henry - $4800
- Henry has piled up at least 6 targets in each of the last 4 games, including 10 last week. He has also scored at least 13 points in each of the last 3 games.
**This leaves you with $5033 per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of profootballnetwork.com
GB vs PHI: Implied team total of 27.75 points (GB)
1. Aaron Rodgers - $6800
- Rodgers is the most underpriced QB on the slate this week. He is averaging 25.5 points per game this season and has scored at least 23.5 in each of the last 6 games.
2. Davante Adams - $9000
- Adams is averaging 26.9 points and 11 targets per game. He has piled up at least 18 points in each of the last 6 games and is a must-play every week for me.
3. Robert Tonyan - $3700
- In my opinion, Tonyan is the best value at the TE position this week. He has scored 17.7 and 15.4 in the last 2 games.
**This leaves you with $5083 per player to building the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of essentiallysports.com
LAR @ ARI: Implied game total of 48.5 points.
1. Jared Goff - $5800
2. Robert Woods - $5900
3. Kenyan Drake - $5700
**This leaves you with $5433 per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of ramblinfan.com
1. Mitch Trubisky - $5400 vs DET
2. Dalvin Cook - $9500 vs JAX
3. Derrick Henry - $9200 vs CLE
4. Nick Chubb - $7700 @ TEN
5. David Montgomery - $5500 vs DET
6. Adam Thielen - $7300 vs JAX
7. Allen Robinson - $6700 vs DET
8. DeVante Parker - $6400 vs CIN (only if Fitz is the QB this week)
9. Brandin Cooks - $5600 vs IND
Photo courtesy of mecurynews.com
1. Allen Lazard - $5000 vs PHI
2. Tee Higgins - $4600 @ MIA
3. Breshad Perriman - $3900 vs LV
4. Darnell Mooney - $3400 vs DET
Photo courtesy of pennlive.com
As you can see, I love the value plays at the WR position this week. I will be paying up at QB and RB in most of my lineups and then looking for value at WR. Before building your lineups each week, you should scroll through the pricing and make note of the guys that seem mispriced. That’s a great way to find value plays that others may not necessarily be on for the week. As I mentioned, I think Aaron Rodgers is the most underpriced QB on the slate and gives you some savings from the top salaried guys. I will be using a ton of Rodgers this week, regardless of ownership. Best of luck in building your lineups this week and as always feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @jsulli2121 if you have any lineup questions.