Jason Sullivan's Week 6 Draft Kings Preview
Updated: Oct 18
When I think back on Week 5 of the NFL season, one name goes to mind…Chase Claypool. If you were somehow smart enough to roster him in your lineup, then you probably won a good chunk of money. Unfortunately, I was not one of those people and I would imagine most of you were not either. This type of performance does a great job of illustrating what you need to win a large tournament on Draft Kings. You can play popular stacks or chalky players in your lineups, but the key is to find the low-owned sleeper that puts up a big performance. Chase Claypool’s performance essentially broke the slate last week.
With Week 5 now behind us, we are on to Week 6! My early observation about this slate, is that there are more lower priced value stacks this week than there have been in the first 5 weeks of the season. By using these lower priced stacks, you are able to have more money to work with while building the rest of your lineup. As a reminder, we are going to focus on the Sunday Main Slate games only. Here are my picks for the week.
MIA vs NYG: Implied game total of 47 points.
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick - $5900
-Fitzpatrick is a steal at this price. He has scored at least 25 points in his last 4 games and is going up again the Jets, who are a mess across the board.
2. DeVante Parker - $6300
- As we know, Parker is Fitzpatrick’s favorite target. He hasn’t been getting many red zone targets, but has been scoring longer TD’s, which is fine by me. Parker has scored at least 11 points in each of the last 4 weeks.
3. Jamison Crowder - $6100
- Crowder has scored 27, 20 and 28 points in the 3 games he has played this season, including at least 10 targets in each game. He is averaging 111 yards per game, which is the most of anyone on the Main Slate.
**This leaves you with $5283 per player to build your lineup.
Photo courtesy of wkbw.com
Second Favorite Stack
JAX vs DET: Implied game total of 54.5 points.
1. Gardner Minshew - $6400
- Minshew has scored at least 20 points in 4 of the 5 games he has played this season. Now he is going against a Detroit defense that couldn’t stop a high school team.
2. Laviska Shenault Jr. - $5200
-Shenault has scored over 10 points in all but 1 game this season. With DJ Chark’s status still up in the air, Shenault should be in line for an increased number of targets this week.
3. Kenny Golladay - $6200
-Golladay has scored 16 and 17 points in his two games this season. He is Stafford’s favorite target, especially when the Lions get down in the red zone.
**This leaves you with $5367 per player to build your lineup.
Photo courtesy of freep.com
Favorite Plays of the Week
1. Derrick Henry - $7300 vs HOU
2. Mike Davis - $7000 vs CHI
3. Kareem Hunt - $6900 @ PIT
4. Jonathan Taylor - $6400 vs CIN (if this game is not postponed)
5. Miles Sanders - $6600 vs BAL
6. Adam Thielen - $7300 vs ATL
7. Allen Robinson - $7000 @ CAR
8. Terry McLaurin - $5700 @ NYG
9. Darius Slayton - $5400 vs WASH
10. Jonnu Smith - $5200 vs HOU
Photo courtesy of usatoday.com
1. Lamar Jackson - $7700 @ PHI
2. David Johnson - $5400 @ TEN
3. Joe Mixon - $6200 @ IND (if this game is not postponed)
4. DJ Moore - $5900 vs CHI
Photo courtesey of bostonglobe.com
As you can see there is a lot to like about this slate. I love the lower priced stacks this week, because it allows you to pay up at RB, in a week where there are a lot of strong plays at that position. One last tip for the week, that I’m sure you have heard before, but is worth repeating. Always play someone with a late game in the FLEX spot of your lineup. This gives you the opportunity to see how your team does in the 1:00 games, and make a decision to play a chalky guy when you are already in the money or change and play a lesser owned sleeper that may go off and springboard you into the money. I cannot stress how important it is to do this. As always, if you have any lineup questions, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @jsulli2121. Good luck this week!